- Service & Support
- What's New
- Dealer Locator
- Service & Support
- About Oceanic
Dual Algorithm Technology
Choose the one dive computer that’s liberal, conservative or middle-of-the-road.
Dual Algorithm™ technology lets you choose the decompression algorithm that best suits your diving needs without compromising safety.
Choose Pelagic DSAT for:
Liberal Recreational Diving
The Pelagic DSAT Algorithm safely maximizes dive time for repetitive, multi-level recreational diving. This algorithm relies on the human Doppler studies used to develop PADI’s Recreational Dive Planner (RDP), and has been the basis of our Dive Computers and other manufacturer's computer algorithms for many years.
Choose Pelagic Z+ for:
Conservative Recreational Diving
When applied to standard recreational diving, the Pelagic Z+ Algorithm basis increases the conservative factor of the OC1 by 15-20%.
Liberal Repetitive Deep and Decompression Diving
The Pelagic Z+ uses the Buhlmann ZHL-16C database, which was conducted to meet the more rigorous demands of repetitive, cold-water decompression diving at altitude. The Pelagic Z+ mode maximizes dive times at depth without penalties.
Dive in sync with any buddy, anywhere.
Because the Dual Algorithm allows you to adjust the algorithm basis and its conservatism, you can adjust to closely match just about any other dive computer on the market, allowing you and any buddy to always dive in sync. Diving the same profile increases safety for both divers, and eliminates the need for one person to conduct a much longer or deeper stop when buddying with someone wearing a more liberal dive computer. On repetitive dives, there is no more waiting for the more conservative dive computer to clear. Both buddies will be ready to enter the water at the same time and can continue to dive the same profiles. You can’t control which dive computer your buddy wears, but you can control your ability to dive the same profile.
A note about deep stops:
Both algorithms allow (user ON/OFF option) credit for deep stops for No-Decompression dives in keeping with the data of Morroni et al (2004) and Bennett et al (2007). No penalty is given if the diver skips the deep stop, but it is strongly recommended that a shallow safety stop be made with or without the deep stop in keeping with the experiments of Pilmanis (1975).
CAN BE USED AS
• Dive Computer (Air or Nitrox) with up to 3 Gases up to 100% O2 and 3 Transmitters.
• Digital Depth Gauge/Timer with up to 3 Transmitters.
• Free Dive (breath hold) activity with Depth Gauge/Countdown Timer.
DIVE COMPUTER PERFORMANCE
• Buhlmann ZHL-16c based PZ+, or DSAT based, algorithm.
• No Deco limits closely follow PADI RDP.
• Decompression in agreement with Buhlmann ZHL-16c and French MN90.
• No Deco Deep Stops >> Morroni, Bennett.
• Deco Deep Stops (not recommended) >> Blatteau, Gerth, Gutvik.
• Altitude >> Buhlmann, IANTD, RDP (Cross).
• Altitude corrections and O2 limits based on NOAA tables.
> Pressure => 120 PSI (8 BAR)
> Battery => 2.75 volts
> Pressure < 50 PSI (3.5 BAR)
TMT Compatibility with Nitrox
When packaged and shipped from the factory, Oceanic TMTs are rated for use with compressed Air and Nitrox mixtures containing up to 99% O2 by volume and with 100% O2.
• Depth ±1% of full scale
• Timers 1 second per day
Dive Mode Activation:
• Must be in Dive Computer mode, if Wet Activation is set OFF.
• Automatic by immersion in water, if Wet Activation is set ON.
• Cannot be manually activated deeper than 4 FT (1.2 M), if Wet Activation is set OFF.
• Cannot operate as a DC at elevations higher than 14,000 feet (4,270 meters).
• NORM/GAUG displays Dives #1 to 24, FREE displays #1 to 99 (0 if no dive made yet).
• Resets to Dive #1, upon diving (after 24 hours with no dives).
Dive Log Mode:
• Stores 24 most recent NORM/GAUG dives in memory for viewing.
• After 24 dives, adds 25th dive in memory and deletes the older dive.
• Operational from sea level to 14,000 feet (4,270 meters) elevation.
• Measures ambient pressure every 30 minutes in Watch mode, when Dive Computer mode is accessed, and every 15 minutes while in DC Surface modes.
• Does not measure ambient pressure when Wet.
• Compensates for Altitudes above sea level beginning at 3,001 feet (916 meters) elevation and every 1,000 feet (305 meters) higher.
• Watch Battery (1) 3 vdc, CR2430, Lithium battery (Panasonic or equivalent)
• Transmitter Battery (1) 3 vdc, CR2, .75 Ahr, Lithium battery (Duracell model DL-CR2 or equivalent)
• Shelf life Up to 7 years (when shipped from factory in Deep Sleep mode)
• Replacement User replaceable (annual recommended)
• Use Life (ATOM 3.0) 1 year or 300 dive hours if (2) 1 hour dives per dive day
• Use Life (Transmitter) 300 dive hours if (2) 1 hour dives per dive day
Battery Indicator (ATOM 3.0 only):
• Warning >> icon on solid when <= 2.75 volts, Battery change recommended.
• Alarm >> icon on flashing when <= 2.50 volts, change the Battery, will not function as a DC.
• Out of the water >> between 20 °F and 140 °F (-6 and 60 °C).
• In the water >> between 28 °F and 95 °F (-2 and 35 °C).
DiverLog (mac) and OceanLog (PC) are fully functional dive computer management software solutions designed especially for Oceanic. Easily upload and save data recorded by your dive computer, or input your data manually. The software allows you to easily view, edit and manage dive data and history.
|Features||Mac *||Mobile *||Cloud|
|Search, edit & manage dive data & photos|
|Save personal & certification data|
|Manage favorite locations|
|View interactive dive profile graphs|
|Add & register multiple dive comps|
|Synchronize data||Mobile, DiveCloud||Mac, DiveCloud||Mac, Mobile||Mac, Mobile|
|Dive comp configuration & setup|
|Storage||Unlimited **||Unlimited **||Unlimited **||10 dives or 50 MB||2 GB|
|Cost||FREE||$24.95||$11.99||FREE||$9.99 PER YEAR|
We guarantee that at any time during the first 30 days of purchase, your Oceanic product fails to meet your expectations, that product may be exchanged by a participating Authorized Oceanic Pro Dealer. No questions asked.